This course is for you if you:
- are a designer and work in the design industry such as: interiors, textiles, product design, branding, graphic design, architecture, retail or healthcare
- have always be curious about colour psychology
- want to communicate better with your clients about colour
- up till now haven't had the time or the finance to invest in a full course
- aspire to be a leader in the design industry in colour
- are tired of your client's saying no to whatever you show them.
Like most creative people you have an intuitive feel for colour, yet there will be times when a colour palette, a scheme, the personality of the brand just isn't coming together and you don't know why.
In this course you'll learn how to...
- put an end to all those endless subjective debates on what colours should be used
- provide a clear, logical rationale for your colour decisions - back your colour decisions based on science
- align the colour message to those of the brand marketing message, interiors, product - stopping the mix messages many brands are sending out
- analyse your clients colour choices and the meaning behind their preferences
- make informed decision when deciding if the current colour trend is right for you, your business or your client.
So what exactly will you learn that you haven't learned before?
Most courses just teach you the theory leaving real learning to happen once you have left. This introductory course is packed full of exercises for you start implementing the theory on current projects within your own business.
Video 1 - Welcome & Introduction
Video 2 - What's your Favourite Colour?
Video 3 - Clearing up the Colour Confusion
Video 4 - The Evolution of Colour Psychology
Video 5 - Psychological Primaries
Video 6 - Psychology of the 11 Main Colours - Part 1
Video 7 - Psychology of the 11 Main Colours - Part 2
Video 8 - Bonus: Connecting your Client to Colour
Video 9 - Putting into Practise
How does this course work?
You'll receive access to the complete online Introduction to Colour Psychology course, which comprises in total of nine easily digestible tutorial videos. As it's all online, you can watch and re-watch the videos whenever it suits you, so you can fit it in around your lifestyle, your work and family life. You'll have access to the videos for life. You'll also receive a workbook which includes activities for you to work through so you can immediately apply what you have learnt.
That's the summary, here are all of the details.
In this Introduction to Colour Psychology course you'll receive:
- Nine (9) online tutorials with activities including a bonus video on Connecting Your Client to Colour especially designed for those clients who are scared of colour or worried about getting it wrong and for those who reject every colour suggestion you make.
- Additional Resources section curated for you with links to books, videos and articles to delve even deeper into the fascinating world of colour psychology
- And to support your learning you'll receive a comprehensive 86 page workbook which includes exercises, activities and case studies to help you embed the learning. It doubles as a quick reference tool too
- Access to the private Introduction to Colour Psychology Facebook group where you'll have your questions answered personally by me and where you can also share your thoughts and ideas with other colour & design professionals from around the world.
When I first started this course and people asked what I was doing, they looked at me with bemusement, yet wanted to know more. I would begin to tell them and from that I found myself with 3 new clients chomping at the bit to have me consult for their homes. — Lucy Curtis, painter & decorator, colour consultant
I feel more confident in suggesting colours to clients particularly those colours I previously would have steered away from. — Anon., Interior Designer
Your colour training certainly has changed my life! — Rebecca Randall, Interior Designer
This is the best course I have ever done, it has given me so much knowledge and information on colour, a world I understood instinctually on some level, but now I have a deep and comprehensive knowledge base to call on. Karen is a true expert and I value her close involvement with all my learning was so valuable. — Bea Christie, Interior Designer